In need of a helping hand? UWCM students to the rescue!
June 15, 2020
Compassion and Service is at the heart of UWC Maastricht. Every year our students carry out many projects and volunteer over 40.000 hours with organisations in Maastricht and the region. For next school year we are looking for new (corona proof) initiatives!
Are you involved in an activity where you could use a helping hand from one or more of our students? Or do you know an individual who could use assistance/support/aid from our students? Let us know!
To give you an idea of the services our students can offer: one-on-one tutoring, developing a partnership with somebody, working in an animal shelter, re-designing a non-profit organization’s website or conducting a survey. But other ideas are welcome!
– By doing service we encourage students to give back Maastricht and its community, as our school is located in this region
– Services have to have a (big or small) positive impact
– Students are between 16 and 19 years old
– Services take place between 1 October 2020 and run until end of May 2021
– Services are planned after school and/or on weekends (school holidays excluded)
– Services vary from 1 up to 3 hours a week
– A service can be arranged via an existing organization or directly via UWC Maastricht
– All students have a supervisor from UWC Maastricht
Do you already have an idea for a service for our students? Or would you like to have an informal chat to talk some ideas through? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org