UWC Maastricht is a state-subsidized Dutch International School, offering an English language education to over 900 students from 100+ nationalities.
For the IB Diploma Program 2018-2020, we have a wait list in place.
Please be aware that we will still accept your application but will prioritize placement according to our criteria mentioned in our admissions procedure.
Initial questions can be directed to email@example.com
Parents and students are invited to schedule a visit to the school as part of the application process.
UWC Maastricht Offers the Following Sections
Students will be placed in year groups guided by the age-bands established by the Dutch Education law.
Primary School (ages 4-11)
Secondary School (ages 11-18)
In addition to our day student population, UWC Maastricht has a 2-year residential programme for students aged 16-18. Students who wish to be considered for a competitive scholarship to this programme should apply via the UWC National Committee selection process. Further information can be found at: uwc.org
If your country does not have a UWC National Committee or you are not living in your country of origin, you may qualify to apply to UWC Maastricht as a direct entry application. There are no scholarships available for direct entry students. For further information please contact the Admissions Team via email.
Who can Apply?
Admissions must be in line with the Dutch law on International Education. A student can apply if they qualify under one of the following conditions:
- The student is a non-Dutch passport holder and one of the parents/guardian is temporarily employed in the Netherlands or border region.
- The student has the Dutch nationality but has been educated outside of the Netherlands for two years or longer because one of the parents/guardians has worked abroad.
- The student has the Dutch nationality but one of the parents/guardians will be employed outside of the Netherlands within the next two years and the student will accompany him/her.
- The student has the Dutch nationality and has attended Dutch schools but would like to undertake the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
We are required by law to review eligibility requirements upon entry and also upon change of curriculum programme between Pre-Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary divisions.
We aspire to be inclusive for all students; however our school has limited resources and therefore we review each application to determine if we can meet the needs of the individual student. Additional supporting documents may be required for students with special needs.
UWC Maastricht accepts applications on a rolling basis, up to one year before the expected starting date. Only completed applications will be reviewed.
A complete application includes the following items for each student:
- Online application form.
- A copy of the photograph page of the student's passport and/or a copy of the student's visa with a date of entry stamp.
- An official copy of the student’s school reports from the last 2 academic years (translated into English).
- Copies of special needs reports/doctors reports if applicable (translated into English).
- Proof of date of arrival in the Netherlands and/or Residency registration details including BSN Number (only applicable for students living in the Netherlands) once this information is available.
- For Secondary students only, an online test is required. Please email to schedule an appointment.
- Proof of payment of non-refundable application fee of 630 Euro per student.
Please pay this fee by bank transfer to: United World College Maastricht.
Clearly marked ‘Application Fee’ with your child(ren)’s name.
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS: UWC Maastricht
Review & Decision
The review process typically takes 4 weeks, if no additional documents are required. In peak times (April – September) this review may take longer. An application may be accepted, refused, or a student may be offered a place on the waitlist.
Admissions Priority is given to:
- Re-enrolling current students.
- Siblings of current UWC Maastricht students whose completed applications have been received by 1 April for the following school year.
- Eligible children of UWC Maastricht staff.
- Students who are guaranteed by stakeholder financial support.
- Internationally mobile families whose students do not have local educational options due to language or residency.
Official placement offers are communicated via email indicating a start date. Placement offers need to be accepted within 10 days of receipt by email confirmation. After this agreement, a later starting date will result in full payment of all days not attended, OR being placed on the waiting list.